> Calls > Steps
for Submitting a Proposal > Process of Open Calls for Proposals
Process of Calls for Proposals
Composition and Publication of Calls for
The Call for Proposals publication is a fundamental
and essential element, safeguarding the legality and normalcy of
the Operations that are co-funded by Structural Funds. Improper
publication of calls for submission of proposals may cause financial
adjustments according to article 39 paragraph 3 of Regulation 1260/99
of the EC; that is reduce or annul the involvement of the Structural
Funds with O.P. "Education".
The call plan, prepared by Units B and based on
a standardized call composed by Unit A, contains the analysis of
the proposal content, the specific Operation evaluation criteria
and the methodology related to the evaluation of proposals prepared
by candidate Final Beneficiaries as is described in detail in the
next section. During the formulation stage of each call plan, Units
B take into account views from all pertaining Ministry of National
Education and Religious Affairs departments as to the adequacy and
the relevance of the plan compared to Ministry policy.
The call plan is forwarded to Unit A where the compatibility
of Operations are compared with the content of the Programme Complement
and the established criteria.
The call is then signed by the Secretary in charge
of EU and CSF matters and is relayed to the prospective Final Beneficiaries
according to their features, as:
- written notice, usually in instances of a Unique Final Beneficiary
or Final Beneficiaries already assigned in the Programme Complement.
- call for expression of interest through the press or other media
in those instances when written notice to all possible Final Beneficiaries
already designated by the Programme complement is not possible
For actions regarding technical aid where the O.P.
"Education" Managing Authority is the Final Beneficiary,
no call is published.
Call for Proposals’ Content
Call content is characterized by clarity and contains
at least the following:
- Reference to the national and community institutional and legal
framework, according to which the call is published (e.g. Regulation
2860/2000, Decision of the Commission of the EC (2000) 3405/28-11-2000
for the approval of CSF for Greece, Commission Decision on the
approval of the corresponding O.P. etc.).
- Reference to the potential Final Beneficiaries (legal status).
- The available budget according to the call, indicating its
allocation to each Operation category if this is required.
- Reference to O.P. "Education" specific Measure, Action,
Operation Category and their objectives in whose framework the
specific call is being published.
- The Operation’s funding process. That is, reference to national
contribution versus the participation of the Structural Fund that
co-funds, the percentage of co-funding and the identification
of their mission with standardized messages as defined as per
structural fund in paragraph 22.214.171.124 of Commission Dir. 1159/2000.
- Content of call (eligible Activities)
- Reference to eligible expenses.
- Duration of Operations implementation.
- The required standardized forms and supplementary reports that
must be submitted by the approved Final Beneficiaries.
- The call submission end-date (if one exists)
- The O.P. "Education" Managing Authority’s contact
details (address, telephone, fax, e-mail) where proposals are
submitted, and its staff, so that the provision of specific information
and clarification is facilitated.
- The Operation selection criteria, as they have been approved
for the specific Measure by the Monitoring Committee.
- The Operations’ evaluation and approval for funding process.
- Final Beneficiaries’ basic obligations.
Calls for expression of interest can be conducted
by the Managing Authority with alternative approaches as shown below
One call for the Measure’s whole programming period
without submission time constraints.
- In this instance, the call for expression of interest the Managing
Authority conducts will occur once for the whole programming period
and the Final Beneficiaries have the ability to submit their proposals
with no time constraint (i.e. no submission end-date).
- Evaluation of proposals will occur on a first in – first served
basis and the acceptance of operations will occur until the Measure’s
budget runs out.
One call for the Measure’s whole programming period
with submission time constraints.
- This instance involves those Measures with pre-determined Final
Beneficiaries and a limited number of operations. The call for
expression of interest conducted by the Managing Authority will
occur once for the whole programming period.
- Final Beneficiaries have the opportunity to submit their proposals
during the time constraint clearly stated in the call.
Periodic calls with no time constraint.
- The calls will be repeated periodically during the programming
period, with the respective budget that will be provided stated
- Final Beneficiaries can submit proposals without a time constraint;
the evaluation of proposals will be conducted taking into account
their submission priority and operation acceptance will occur
until the available budget is used.
Periodic calls with time constraints.
- Calls published by the Managing Authority are periodic and indicate
the available budget.
- Final Beneficiaries can submit proposals within the specific
time frame which is established by the Managing Authority.